Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur the contributors are theirs.
Online gambling is nothing new: in 1994 software developer Microgaming is believed to have developed the first real casino software.
The advancement of technologyhowever, soon resulted in many game companies are exploring online sites. For example, in 1998 Planet Poker was created, followed in 1999 by ParadisePoker.com. The number of online gamers doubled every year from 2003 to 2006.
If this was considered a “Poker Boom”, then we are currently in the midst of a “Poker Kaboom”.
American Gaming Association Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker reports that sports betting generated $3.16 billion in the first ten months of 2021, almost 230% more than those in the same period of 2020. Expect this increase as more and more more states allow online gambling.
In total, these statistics on the size of the indulgence and online betting (casino) industry are expected to reach over $100 billion by 2026, according to Facts and factors. Other to research predicts the industry will grow by 11.7% annually from 2022 to 2030.
As such, there are certainly opportunities to cash in on the craze. Below are some of the most effective ways to earn money at online casinos. Even better, you can tap into this market without actually playing or counting cards to beat the house.
Related: The History of Online Gambling (Infographic)
Embrace Affiliate Marketing Sites
“Many are attracted to the affiliate business because of its low barriers to entry,” Erik Bergman writes in a previous Entrepreneur article. “Every business has hurdles to overcome before it can get started, and some of those hurdles are shorter or taller than others.”
“Plus, the sky’s the limit when it comes to earning potential,” adds Deanna Ritchie, financial writer at Due. “In fact, it’s entirely possible to earn six figures with affiliate marketing.”
Bonus: You can start affiliate marketing, right now, for almost nothing.
All you have to do is sign up for a program, buy a domain and hosting service, create a site, and use affiliate links to post content. However, to be truly successful, you also need to organically join conversations with your audience. It’s just commenting with affiliate links. If possible, leave these comments where your audience hangs out, whether on Reddit, message boards, or forums.
Also, you don’t have to develop a complex website to make money. But you need to create an optimized website if you want to stand out from other affiliate casinos.
- Write quality content, often: You will be rewarded by Google if you consistently provide better content when it comes to casino reviews, gambling news, or more betting tips than your competition.
- Zig while others zag: Because there are millions of terms people search for, you don’t always have to fight for the hardest ones. Alternatively, you can specialize your site for more specific searches like branded terms and long-tail keywords.
- Do not neglect technical SEO: Generating ideas will help your rankings and highlight other technical aspects of your site. Make sure your page is technically sound, from its page load speed to its mobile optimization.
Read the piece
The goal of an online affiliate is to get people to click on their links. To deliver the best results, casino options need to know their target market well. There are a few main reasons players usually visit pages:
- It is important for them to find the best option: Let’s be honest, the term “best” is subjective. A good affiliate will rank online casinos based on different attributes such as promotions, game library, reliability, and customer service.
- Bonuses are important: Online zones use bonuses to attract new players and encourage them to play on their platforms. An affiliate can be visited by players who want to see active promotions.
- They are looking for entertainment AND information: Visitors may land on a website if they are interested in a specific topic or are looking for more guidance. If a person wants to learn how to play slot machines, he can search for a resource to play it through an affiliate.
Capitalize on coaching
Are there any tips you would be willing to share with others? If so, you could start a home business. Examples could be creating a blog, YouTube channel or podcast where you share your knowledge. Other ideas would be to create an online course or self-publish a guide. Since players are always striving to improve their skills, they are constantly looking for new methods.
Moreover, you could gain thousands of followers if you are a coach. Since poker is highly skill-based, you could gain a lot of popularity. In short, every player who wants to improve must invest in learning.
In what ways can a gambling guru make money? One way is to offer free courses. Through advertisements, you can monetize your website and attract an audience. Finally, you could introduce a subscription service or course. Even better, these can become a passive income The source.
Transition to Twitch
There are a lot of people streaming on Twitch. The Amazon network attracts casino, slot machine, blackjack and poker enthusiasts.
Streamers with the most subscribers stream for hours. This attracts an audience of 10,000 or more.
With Twitch, you can donate to your favorite content creators, and subscription plans range from $5 to $25. You can even sell your own loot. With the right circumstances, Twitch streaming could become a full-time job.
A share of 888 Holdings was worth $85 in 2020, and in December 2021 it was worth $320. That’s a 300% gain in two years. Like any other investment, there is risk due to market volatility. Example: In June 2022, a share of 888 holdings fell back to Earth at around $117.
The investor has risking your money on a company that does it right and hopes to reap the rewards — 888 Holdings and Bet365 are two examples of options you can risk investing in individually.
Alternatively, you can purchase a Exchange Traded Fund. ETFs allow you to invest in several companies at once. If the stocks go up, you get a share of the added value.
If a business is not performing well, you do not suffer significant losses. Unlike buying individual stocks, mutual fund returns are relatively lower.
Related: 5 Reasons to Invest in the Online Poker Gaming Industry
Tap an app
It is incredibly easy to learn how to create this business option in 2022. After completing a six-week online course, you will be able to organize your first application. Nevertheless, creating a gaming application that offers enjoyable games is the main goal. By clicking ads and buying game credits, people can come back to play your games every day, earning you money.
Create your own casino
All over the world, online casinos are booming. However, new casinos often fold within the first year of operation. And, there are challenges you will need to overcome.
For starters, launching your own version isn’t cheap. You can pay as little as $5,000 in the UK and Malta to over $1 million in the US for a license. It may be more convenient to obtain a gaming license from companies such as SoftSwiss.
There is also the development, management and marketing of the website to pay. As a new online casino, you have to wait a bit before you start making money.
Here are some proven tips…
- Choose a currency: Rewards play a major role in the game. The appeal of the game is being able to earn a lot of money in a relatively short period of time. For this reason you should have a secure payment portal and start verifying registration processes. Instead of using real money, free games and trial games use bonus points.
- Offer a wide range of games: Some of them include roulette, blackjack and baccarat. This gives users a variety of options—and to enhance authenticity—use actual photographs and video.
- Set up a loyalty program: Offer a bonus system and also implement retention campaigns. This will help you gain a new audience and encourage them to come back.
Related: A step-by-step guide to building your first mobile app