However, the UKGC is one of many gambling regulators and only operates in the UK. Other regions have single authorities responsible for regulating gambling activities. Some popular examples include the Curacao Gaming Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority and the Alderney Gaming Control Commission. UK players can bet wherever they want, including on gambling sites outside of GamStop, as there is no law prohibiting joining offshore websites. However, choosing no UKGC casino comes with various drawbacks, so finding trusted international brands and casinos is essential.
What does GamStop cover?
As stated above, GamStop is a voluntary self-exclusion program designed for licensed casinos in the UK. All UK online casinos are required to join the scheme or risk losing their license. Once a player has registered with GamStop, they will no longer have access to real money games offered on UKGC licensed online betting sites. However, you will find various NonGamStopSlots betting platforms who are not logged into GamStop, and players have the freedom to join any, including those licensed outside the UK. GamStop is designed to protect players with a genuine gambling problem and provides a way to self-exclude from betting for at least six months. Players can also self-exclude for one year or five years. Once registered, you must wait for the duration of the self-exclusion before you can continue betting.
GamStop covers a wide variety of games including all real money betting options available online. The most popular options include:
- Slot machines: This covers all online slot sites and mobile casinos that offer slot games, including jackpots, themed titles, classic slots, etc.
- Table games: Covers roulette, blackjack, baccarat, poker, dice and other board and card games.
- Live games: Includes all live dealer casinos including live blackjack, live roulette, live baccarat, live poker and other live games.
- sports betting: Includes betting on professional sports like football, basketball, handball, etc., and fantasy sports and virtual sports.
- Other real money games: UK casinos offer many games including bingo, lotteries, keno, craps, scratch cards, slingo, arcade games etc.
GamStop players will not play any of these games at licensed UK casinos until their self-exclusion period expires.
Are non-GamStop bets legit?
The UKGC requires all licensed online casinos to collect player information upon registration and block GamStop players from accessing real money games. However, there are no laws prohibiting gambling outside the UK. With so many reputable international betting brands, UK punters can still enjoy the games despite registering with GamStop. This involves joining gambling sites that are not part of GamStop, usually licensed by Curacao, USA, Canada or any other reputable independent gambling regulator. These sites are not authorized by the UKGC and therefore are not required to participate in the GamStop self-exclusion scheme. However, not all non-GamStop betting sites are desirable.
The UKGC has laws to protect UK players and athletes, and GamStop Solution is often safer and more reliable than exclusion programs at offshore gambling sites. However, there are many reputable betting sites around the world. If you are registered with GamStop and still want to enjoy the games and bets of the casino, it is essential to carefully consider each offer before registering. The goal is to find legitimate online gambling hosting your favorite games. Some of the things to consider include:
- casino license: You must join offshore casinos with a valid gambling license from one of the mentioned regulators (Curaçao, Malta, Alderney, USA, Canada, etc.). The licenses are as good as those issued by the UKGC, although they are designed for punters from those jurisdictions.
- Game variety: If you play bingo or lottery, you need a casino with lots of bingo and lottery games. Casinos offer many products, so you can check the games lobby to determine if the site hosts your favorite games (slots, table, poker, bingo, lotto, keno, craps, scratch cards, live sports betting, etc.).
- fair play certificate: Choose casinos that have each of their games independently audited and certified for fair results.
- Security: Top offshore betting brands offer advanced SSL certificates and security algorithms to protect players from hackers and other cyber threats.
- Bonuses: If you fancy mining casino bonuses, choose sites with huge promotions including welcome offers, cash back, reload bonuses, VIP loyalty programs, free spins and more Again.
- payment methods: Make sure the casino supports a wide variety of payment methods, including ones you use regularly. Most allow credit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, crypto, prepaid cards, and more.
- Customer service: You should be able to contact the support team via email and live chat. Some even offer toll-free telephone support.
- Global reputation: It is strongly advised to choose betting sites that have a growing reputation among players. You can check player reviews and review sites to determine if the casino is reputable and reliable.
Nothing prevents you from taking advantage of betting products offered by operators and sites outside GamStop and following your favorite sporting events. Make sure you find a trusted platform that can guarantee premium betting experiences.